Understanding the ultimate beneficial owner of a business is an issue that should be at the top of your anti-money laundering and anti-corruption agenda.
This whitepaper explores what ‘ultimate beneficial ownership’ (UBO) is, why it’s a problem, and what regulators, governments and international bodies have been doing to try to create a more transparent business environment.
The whitepaper provides insight into:
- The reality of complex ownership trails
- Beneficial ownership transparency
- Relevant global, regional, local legislation
- Importance of enhanced due diligence
- Improving due diligence processes